The presentation facilities available are: overhead projector and portable PC projector. A portable PC equipped with Acrobat Reader, and USB for USB key will be provided by the symposium organization for the presentation, upon request.
All speakers are kindly invited to contact their respective session chair before the session start, with a short written speaker-bio information.
Please note that presentations are scheduled for 25 minutes (questions included) for regular papers.
The speaker's name is in bold.
Technical Program Schedule
November 6th, 2013
- 8:30-9:00 - Registration
- 9:15-9:25 - Opening ceremony - Welcome addressed by TPC and GC Chairs.
- 9:25-11:05 - Session 1: Heterogeneous Networks
- Improving Security in Data-Centric Storage for Wireless Sensor Networks
Ángel Cuevas and Azzedine Boukerche
- Prolonging Wireless Sensor Network Lifetime in Stealth Mode through Intelligent Data Compression
Ruken Zilan, Tuna Han Ozdemir, Bulent Tavli and José María Barceló Ordinas
- WSN-inspired Sleep Protocols for Heterogeneous LTE Networks
Iulia Tunaru, Hervé Rivano and Fabrice Valois.
- A Geometry-based Coverage Strategy over Urban VANET
Huang Cheng, Xin Fei and Azzedine Boukerche.
- 11:05-11:25 - Coffee Break
- 11:25-13:00 - Poster Session
- CACBR: Context Aware Community Based Routing for Intermittently Connected Network
Rahul Joharil, Neelima Gupta and Sandhya Aneja.
- On the impact of network topology on Wireless Sensor Networks Performances - Illustrated with Geographic Routing Algorithms
Tony Ducrocq, Michael Hauspie and Nathalie Mitton.
- A Lifetime Improvement Method Using Mobile Sink for IoT Service
Seok Yu, Jaewoo Kim and Jaiyong Lee.
- Towards Measurement-based Self-Management of Performance Properties in WSNs
Adam Bachorek, Bagavathiannan Palanisamy and Jens Schmitt.
- 13:00-14:00 - Lunch
November 7th, 2013
- 8:30-9:00 - Registration
- 9:00-10:40 - Session 2: Wireless Ad Hoc Networks
- Secure Handoffs for V2I Communications in 802.11 Networks
Carlos Gañán, Sergi Reñé, José L. Muñoz, Oscar Esparza, Jorge Mata-Díaz and Juanjo Alins.
- A Performance Study of Practical Channel Assignment Solutions in Multi-radio Multi-hop IEEE 802.11 Networks
Miguel Catalán-Cid, Carles Gomez and Josep Paradells.
- Delay distribution of IEEE802.11 DCF: a comparative study under saturated conditions
Qi Wang, Katia Jaffrès-Runser, Jean-Luc Scharbarg, Christian Fraboul, Yi Sun, Jun Li and Zhongcheng Li.
- Analysis of energy efficient OLSR extensions and OLSR-ETX energetic optimization proposal
Diogo Machado, Debora Saade and Ricardo Carrano.
- 10:40-11:10 - Coffee Break
- 11:10-12:50 - Session 3: Wireless Sensor Networks
- Dynamic energy aware data gathering strategy for wireless sensor networks
Nour Brinis and Leila Azouz Saidane
- A Learning-based Algorithm for Optimal MAC Parameters Setting in IEEE 802.15.4 Wireless Sensor Networks
Simone Brienza, Domenico De Guglielmo, Cesare Alippi, Giuseppe Anastasi and Manuel Roveri
- An Error-free Data Collection Method Exploiting Hierarchical Physical Models of Wireless Sensor Networks
Lei Fang, Simon Dobson and Danny Hughes
- A Timed Petri Net Model for frame transmission on IEEE 802.15.4 Beacon-Enabled Mode
Renan C. A. Alves and Cíntia Borges Margi
- 12:50-13:50 - Lunch
- 13:50-15:55 - Session 4: Network Architectures, Topology and QoS
- A Qualitative Analysis on the Impacts of Assured Quality Internet Interconnection
Antonio Ghezzi, Raffaello Balocco and Manos Dramitinos
- Cloud-assisted buffer management for HTTP-based mobile video streaming
Stefania Colonnese, Francesca Cuomo, Tommaso Melodia and Raffaele Guida
- Topology Control for Wireless Mesh Networks based on Centrality Metrics
Andrés Vázquez-Rodas and Luis J. de la Cruz Llopis
- Fast and reliable robot deployment for substitution networks
Jean Razafimandimby, Karen Miranda, Dimitrios Zorbas and Tahiry Razafindralambo
- Design and implementation of architecture for multi-robot cooperation in the context of WSN
Milan Erdelj and Tahiry Razafindralambo