MobilitApp project: "Design and implementation of an Android application to improve the public transportation system in Barcelona". We offer Master/Degree thesis. The student will join the MobilitApp project that we develop in collaboration with the ATM (Autoritat del Transport MetropolitÓ) of Barcelona. MobilitApp is able to detect the type of transportation and take statistics. Current on-going tasks: finding out automatically the transportation mode using smartphone sensors and applying machine learning techiques, send an emergency message upon the occurrence of an accident, suggest alternative types of transportation, among other features.
- Master Thesis. Authored by Mahmoud Elbayoumy. (May 2018) "User Transportation Activity Recognition
via Mobile Phone Sensors". Download the thesis presentation,
- Master Thesis. Authored by Rok Slamek. (July 2015) "User activity type and transportation mode detection using embedded mobile device sensors". Award for the best master thesis in Information Systems, 2016-2017 course, sponsored by the Red.es Chair. Download the thesis presentation,
- Degree Thesis. Authored by Gerard Marrugat Torregrosa. (July 2015) "Improvement of algorithms to identify transportation modes for MobilitApp, an Android Application to anonymously track citizens in Barcelona". Visit the MobilitApp webpage and watch the MobilitApp video. Download the thesis, also available at arXiv:1605.05342 [cs.CY]. Download the thesis presentation,
- Master Thesis. Authored by ┴ngel Torres Moreira. (July 2015) "Design and implementation of an Android application to anonymously analyse locations of the citizens in Barcelona". Download the MobilitApp presentation. Download the thesis
- Degree Project. Authored by Sergi Casanova Fouze. (March 2015) "Design and implementation of an Android application (MobilitApp+) to analyze the mobility patterns of citizens in the Metropolitan Region of Barcelona".
Download the App and the MobilitApp User Guide. Download the thesis, also available at arXiv:1503.03452 [cs.CY]
- Degree Project about new services for smart cities. Authored by Adrian Latorre (January 2014) Slides (strike the space bar!). Website of the Project (including code and html explanations). AndroidPFC_AdrianLatorre.pdf
- Degree Project. Authored by Marc Llahona (14th July 2014). "MobilitApp, an Android application to obtain mobility data of the citizens in the metropolitan area of Barcelona".
Degree thesis. Presentation.